Guild Gear list problem

Found a bug or strange behavior on WoW-Heroes? Help us squash it by reporting it here!
Majaxx

Guild Gear list problem

Post#1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:30 am

Hi,

First of all , Thanks for your great job.

Instead a small but boring bug is in the gear guild list.
When you launch the scanning (even with data refreshing from armory), the list appear with different SCORE for each character.
In fact the guild gear list take the correct GEAR SCORE but without the bonus enchant score.
If you click on a character name, the individual character info screen appear and the SCORE include GEAR+ENCHANT.
So it will better if the character SCORE will be the same on CHARACTER AND GUILD screen.

Best regards

Milagros
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guild Gear list problem

Post#2 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:35 am

Guild score already works the way you want .Can you please be more precise where did you saw this problem (zone ,realm,guild).
P.S
Please take a look at the little circle beside every character on guild tab ,that is indicator when character is last time cached (you can mouse over it to see the date). That can be only difference between "live" character search and guild search (since if some characters are cached in last 7 days they will not be updated at guild list)

Majaxx

Post#3 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:30 pm

I did it on : EU zone, "chants eternels" Server and "A S" guild

but when the character are in cache the data are OK.

So for an other example I did it on : EU zone, "Krasus" Server and "Le chouettard vicieux" guild. I show you the results wich are like I say before.

1) I click on search bouton to have the complete list for the guild and have this result

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1248798191519.jpg

2) I click on a character name, so it goes on the character data, no need to click on the search bouton, the data are refresh immediatly like this

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1248798192582.jpg

3) So now if you click on search bouton on guild page you obtain this refresh list, only the character you have click before has change.

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1248798192633.jpg

I hope his exemple can help you.

Best regards

nonameform

Post#4 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:07 am

Same thing happening here.

I'm checking guild gear on Azhol-Nerub (EU), guild Hyperion on Horde side. When you refresh data from Armory, list seems OK, but when you start checking each character they get higher gear score.

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Scores on Guild tab are latest cached scores for those characters, and as Milagros said, we do not get new data from Armory even when "Get fresh data from the Armory" is checked if they have been cached in the last 7 days. This was done in order to reduce stress on Armory and avoid a ban from them which could lead to complete unavailability of wow-heroes.

Those scores on Character tab will always be the same as on Guild tab if you get cached data for character -

However, if you ask for fresh data, scores might be different, depending on the changes in gear. In that case you'll see this notification.

Majaxx

Post#6 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Thxs for your answer

I understand the way and reason you creat guilde llist score in high priority with cache data,

but there's anyway a mistake between the SCORE on the guild list wich is the GEAR SCORE and not the SCORE ( GEAR+ENCHANT).

No matter if the character data are cached or live

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1248910323981.jpg

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1248910324949.jpg

So one a month I copy the all guild list on my guild forum and for an exact idea of the characters gear , I must click on each character name and refresh the guild list after that's done.

At this time the only exact guild gear list is display if ALL the characters have done an individual character gear refresh, so it can never be the case.
I think that there is some problem in the guild gear list, on the first time the list is done.

Best regards

P.S : another good data will be the higher character's SCORE, this can eliminate the false data when a character had disconnect with his PVP gear or his fishing one !!!

nonameform

Post#7 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:09 am

Absolutely same issue here.

"Get fresh data", you get the list of people in guild and start clicking every name in the list. The list shows only gear score, not gear + enchants score, but when you open a character sheet and then update guild list again, character will have same score as on personal character sheet. That way I need to open 30-50 character sheets to see what sort of content WoW Heroes suggests to do. It has nothing to do with "Live" or "Cache" status, as I had same issue with just updated characters and those who were cached several days ago.

Majaxx

Post#8 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:01 am

You are a lucky man nonameform, for my guild I must click on each name for more than a 100 of character.
Even if it was once a month that's not a pleasant thing to do :)

Alex
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 am

We just checked this, and you guys were right, on some rare occasions - 3 characters out of 120+ were cached with Gear score instead of Overall score. When did you first notice this problem?
We'll investigate this and fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting it and sorry about the misunderstanding.

Majaxx

Post#10 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 am

Txs for your support and don't worry , your job is great ... but can be improved and if our reports can help you it will be great

I notice that ALWAYS for my guild data.

I try with random and various guild and server and this problem appear at 100%.
Not only on 120+ character list, I try with 150+, 100+, 50+ guild list and it is the same thing.
But it seem that the first-two character in the guild list SCORE and correctly display, so get the 5th,10th, 15th or 20th and the SCORE is 100% the GEAR SCORE.

Best regards

Return to “Bug reports”