Suggestions/questions

Found a bug or strange behavior on WoW-Heroes? Help us squash it by reporting it here!
nonameform

Suggestions/questions

Post#1 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:48 am

1. Guild Tab

I enter guild's title, see that some people have not been updated for long time and do new search with "Get fresh data from the Armory". After that I browse guild, look at people's gear, achievements etc. and go for another guild. Do the same stuff there and come back to the previous guild, but the list still displays old stuff - transferred characters, outdated gear etc. Any chance to make it update faster? I have found some deleted character, refreshed from Armory, but it was still showing up every time I checked the page in next hour or so and it was also displaying when I was filtering characters of my faction with that class and spec.

2. Realm Tab

Any chance to exclude non-level 80 characters? (Example) I see no reason why lower level chars are on list. Might as well include all chars from Armory, if displaying lower chars is intended behavior.

3. General questions

How long it takes for a character to be indexed by wow-heroes? For example, character moves to another server or changes name. When it will appear on the list, if person doesn't come to the site to do it manually?

Is it possible to implement Statistics tab for gems? I would love to know which gems people are using in general, which specs prefer which gems, how many gems on average they have etc.

Is it possible to add Eternal Belt Buckle to waist enchants? At the moment it seems to show only Engineer enchants, when browsing through Statistics page.

Why best enchants give 15 points each, but 135 points in total, even though I have 11 of them?

How gem score is calculated, if it is calculated? How meta score is calculated?

nonameform

Re: Suggestions/questions

Post#2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 am

I realize that I made a mistake of posting it to this forum (was supposed to post in Suggestions), but I still would love to hear some official response.

Milagros
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 pm

1. If we update "live" all characters at the same time when wow-heroes users use 'live" manual update we will get temporary ban from the Blizzard armory and no one will be happy.
2. Maybe you don't like that option but others asked for it (we will see to make it optional like for horde/alliance)
3.We only index those characters which are requested by visitors.However, with the amount of visitors wow-heroes receives each day (150.000+), we can safely say that most lvl 80 characters are cached. At the moment, we have 5.198.627 cached characters on US and EU realms.
About the gems statistic we will add that in statistic page probably very soon.
Eternal Belt Buckle officially isn't an enchant,if you use it without gem - buckle is useless.
Max. enchanting score is 135 because some classes/professions had more benefits then others. For example, hunters were receiving higher enchant scores because they are able to enchant ranged weapons (warriors and rogues too, but it was quite useless to them), warriors/shamans/paladins got bonus enchant score for shields, etc etc. That's why we normalized max enchant score to 135, and all useful professions give equal bonus now.

nonameform

Post#4 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:58 am

Thanks for your reply.

nonameform

Post#5 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:39 am

1. Is it possible to make some filter for people who have PvP gear? Say, I select a threshold (3+ PvP items equipped) and the character who are above that threshold are not displayed on realm list.
2. Is it possible to make characters with 0/0/0 spec have 0 gear score? Priests with 0/0/0 are displayed as shadow priests, but most of them aren't. If they have 0 score for gear, they stay at the bottom until character gets a spec. Another option is to filter them out on request.
3. Concerning my previous question about guild list update (see original post). My actual question was about WoW Heroes website, not the amounts of queries to Armory. When I choose to browse my guild and update info from Armory I see a list of current level 80 characters. Those characters that have left the guild or moved to other realm are excluded from that updated list. Now, I leave website, close my browser and go for a walk. I come back, open browser, load guild list and I see the characters who were kicked from guild a week ago still on list. "How's that possible" - I ask myself - "I saw a proper list just before I closed the browser". So I do run another update from Armory and in 2 seconds I have an updated list. I know that it's actually cached somewhere at WoW Heroes, as I don't have to wait long for the site to query Armory for outdated characters, but for some reason to see that proper updated list I need to ask for an update. So, question: is it possible to update WoW Heroes guild roster at the time when I ask to update it, not some X hours later?

If it's still unclear, please say so.

Milagros
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:12 pm

All this will have to wait , 3.2 patch have priority at the moment.

Return to “Bug reports”